GENERAL VISITATION INFORMATION AND RULES
(To review the complete video visitation agreement please view the document attached in the upper left documents list. All persons must electronically accept and agree to the visitation agreement prior to using the system.)
(Para revisar el acuerdo completo de visitas a vídeo, consulte el documento adjunto en la lista superior izquierda de documentos. Todas las personas deben aceptar y aceptar electrónicamente el acuerdo de visita antes de utilizar el sistema.)
All visitation is conducted through video visitation units. There is no face to face visitation conducted at the Sheriff's Office Detention Center. All persons wishing to visit with an inmate must create an account at HomeWav. You will be required to upload your photograph and a legible copy of a valid government issued ID.
ON–SITE VIDEO VISITATION:
- A-Pod Housing: M-F 09:00 AM to 05:30 SAT & SUN 1:00PM to 5:00PM
- All Other Housing Units: M-F 09:00AM to 7:00PM, SAT & SUN 1:00PM to 5:00PM
REMOTE VIDEO VISITATION:
- A-Pod Housing Unit: 09:00 AM to 05:30 PM
- All Other Housing Units: 09:00 AM to 10:30 PM
- ON SITE VIDEO VISITATION: FREE
- REMOTE VIDEO VISITATION: $0.30 per minute
- VIDEO MESSAGES: $0.60 per message - maximum length of 1 minute
ELECTRONICS / PHOTOGRAPHS / VIDEO RECORDING:
No electronics of any type that provide for video recording or the taking of still photographic pictures are allowed during visitation sessions.
VISITATION MONITORING AND RECORDING:
- ALL VISITATIONS ARE RECORDED BY THE VISITATION SYSTEM!
- ALL VISITATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO RANDOM MONITORING AND REVIEW BY THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE.
- Visitation is a privilege and may be denied if visitors become disorderly, rude, or are dressed inappropriately.
- Visitation is a privilege that may also be denied if the inmate becomes disorderly or rude while in the pod.
- Only the registered account holder may visit on the account.
- Children of the incarcerated person under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit with a parent or grandparent on the parent or grandparents account.
- Only one (1) inmate or visitor is allowed on a video visitation session. Group visits are not allowed except for children under the age of 18 who must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- No nudity, pornography, inappropriate conduct (including the flashing of gang signs), inappropriate clothing, or profanity will be allowed during video visitation.
- Any person that is not registered and approved WILL NOT BE allowed to visit.
- Appropriate clothing is always required. No video visits in underwear; lingerie; low cut, strapless, or tank type tops; no short shorts, no revealing miniskirts, no spandex pants or bodysuits, no see-through clothing of any type will be allowed.
- Staff reserves the right to cancel any visitation for inappropriate behavior, language, clothing or other violation of established visitation guidelines.
- Visitors caught violating this provision will have their video visitation privileges suspended for a period to be determined based on the severity of the violation.
- Inmates caught violating the provisions of this section will have their video visitation privileges and phone privileges suspended for a period to be determined based on the severity of the violation.
- Violation of this section may also result in criminal charges.
PROBLEMS / TECHNICAL ISSUES:
- If a visitor has a technical issue, problem creating an account, scheduling an on site visit, or completing a remote visit; you can call the Customer Support Number for assistance at 1-844-394-6639 M-F 9AM – 6PM, S & S 8AM – 6PM or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE JAIL OR JAIL STAFF for problems or technical issues as we will not be able to help you with it, you must contact HomeWav as detailed above.
VISITOR COMPLAINTS / GRIEVANCES:
- Visitors may file a complaint concerning the video visitation guidelines, rules, regulations, or other issues concerning the video visitation procedure by requesting a visitation complaint form in person at the front desk of the facility.
- The complaint form must be completed in a reasonable amount of time and returned to the facility by hand or via the US Postal Service. Unless special circumstances exist, this facility considers 72 hours from the time of the incident a reasonable timeframe for the complaint form to be completed and returned to the facility.
- If submitting via mail, the complaint should be postmarked within 72 hours of the incident and mailed to Lt. Karen Collins at Marion County Detention Center 2715 E Hwy 76 Mullins, SC 29574.
- The form is also located in the left hand naigation panel above and can be downloaded from there.
- Grievances concerning setting up an account, scheduling an on-site visit, or completing a remote visit will not be accepted nor reviewed by jail staff. Those are Non-Grievable technical issues – Please see the information in the section on Problems / Issues.
- A visitor may file an appeal to the Detention Center Director if they do not feel their original complaint was handled properly under the same procedure.