Father 365 / Man2Man
The Father 365 and Man2Man program strives to provide the skills necessary for individuals to become better parents. Most individuals want to be good parents but sometimes need some help getting there. Many face barriers such as unemployment, lack of a positive parenting role model, or as in the case of our inmate residents, legal issues. This program strives to help these individuals define personal goals and create a plan to be the parent their children need. The Father 365 program is a statewide program with 5 service centers throughout the state to provide the help needed. You can obtain more information on this program at Father365
Man 2 Man is the local Father 365 program provider for this area with offices in Bennettsville and Florence. You can visit their website by following this link.
Man 2 Man provides A one-stop center for fathers with staff and offices close to where dads work and live. Man 2 Man takes a holistic approach to strengthening fathers and helping them overcome obstacles with a range of education, services and support that includes:
- A comprehensive fatherhood program to teach the essentials of responsible fatherhood.
- Employment coaching to help dads get jobs or find better paying jobs
- Help navigating the child support system
- Guidance on establishing paternity, visitation and other legal issues
- Peer group sessions that provide fathers a safe space to talk and support each other.
- Referrals for help with complex problems
- Mediation with the child’s mother and other family members
- Access to men’s healthcare education, screenings and referrals
- Assistance with transportation
- Ongoing connection with an experienced, supportive program staff
- Unique programs like Jobs Not Jail, a way to catch up on child support obligations that is a successful alternative to incarceration