|David Edwards, Auditor
Vicki Cook, Deputy Auditor
2523 East Highway 76
Marion, SC 29571
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM to 5 PM
- Compile a complete listing and description of all real and personal property that is taxable in the county.
- Apply the millage rate that is determined by the governing body to the assessed values in order to produce revenue collected by the County Treasurer.
- Grant the Homestead Exemption to eligible county residents in the year after they become 65, totally disabled, or blind.
- Process the refund of property taxes when a taxpayer sells his vehicle or moves out of state.
- Make adjustments to the tax bills when notified by the Assessor or Department of Revenue of corrections in values or new ownership.
- Also, adjust vehicle taxes when documentation of high mileage is received.
- Comply year-end assessment reports of all taxable property that is needed by Bond Attorneys, Department of Revenue, County, School Districts, or other agencies.